The deadline for applying is Friday, February 15 at 5 p.m.
Leadership Mentor Recruitment Timeline
The position is for rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors. LMs will be expected to maintain a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA and work an average of ten (10) office hours per week LMs must also be available to participate in monthly training sessions, including two (2) retreats in August and January. LMs will be paid at the standard student employee rate ($7.25/hour). The ideal applicant will be able to give this position the highest priority among their co- curricular activities.
Leadership Mentors are asked to attend training outside of the regular school year, including returning to campus two weeks prior to the beginning of classes in August and one week prior to the beginning of classes in January. August training is mandatory for new LMs going abroad in the fall.
Qualities of a Leadership Mentor
- An interest in personal leadership development
- An optimistic and personable attitude
- Resilience during times of adversity
- The ability to work collaboratively with others
- A desire to learn about and engage in group facilitation
- Openness to change and an adventurous spirit
- Time and organization management skills
- A passion for and commitment to learning
- High level of professionalism
- Serves as a role model
Leadership Mentor Job Description
- Serve on at least one project team each semester.
- Design and facilitate workshops targeted to help student clubs and organizations achieve leadership related goals.
- Contribute to project team success through intense collaboration with others.
- Provide support and resources for students interested in leadership development.
- Promote GLC values, programs, and various leadership-based campus opportunities.
- Attend weekly team meetings, project planning meetings, and 1 on 1s with the professional staff.
- Develop and maintain relationships with alumni and parent volunteers of the GLC.
- Support department-wide events such as open houses, Leadership Mentor recruitment, ELR, etc.
- Demonstrate professionalism as a representative of the GLC within the office and on-campus.